2023 April Walking Tours
Community leaders will guide these free tours through the historic districts or courthouse square areas of their hometowns. The hour-long tours start at 10:00 a.m. on April 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29.
Participating City & Starting Location
- Athens - Athens Limestone Visitor Center, 100 N Beaty St.
- Bayou La Batre - Maritime Park, 13765 South Wintzell Ave.
- Birmingham - Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, 520 16th St. N
- Courtland - Courtland Heritage Museum, 252 College St. (April 29 ONLY)
- Cullman - Cullman County Museum, 211 2nd Ave. NE
- Decatur - Locations vary by date Sundays, April 1 thru 29
- Elba - Elba Chamber of Commerce, 127 Factory Ave.
- Enterprise - The Rawls, 116 S Main St.
- Fairhope - Fairhope Welcome Center, 20 N Section St.
- Florence - Locations vary by date Sundays, April 1 thru May 6
- Foley - Foley Welcome Center, 104 N McKenzie St.
- Huntsville - Alabama Constitution Hall Park, 109 Gates Ave. SE (April 1 & 8 ONLY)
- Leeds - Leeds Jane Culbreth Library, 8104 Parkway Dr. (April 15 ONLY)
- Madison - Madison Little Roundhouse, 398 Monroe St. NW (April 15 & 22 ONLY)
- Mobile - History Museum of Mobile, 111 S Royal St.
- Monroeville - Monroe County Museum, 31 N Alabama Ave.
- Montgomery - Montgomery Visitor Center, 1 Court Square
- Mooresville - Mooresville Historic Post Office, 24995 Lauderdale St.
- Moulton - Moulton First United Methodist Church, 14595 Market St. (April 1 ONLY)
- Pell City - Pell City City Hall, 1905 1st Ave. N (April 1, 15, 22 & 29 ONLY)
- Prattville - Prattaugan Museum, 102 E Main St.
- Selma - Selma-Dallas Co. Public Library, 1103 Selma Ave.
- Sheffield - Sheffield City Hall, 600 N Montgomery Ave.
- Springville - Springville Museum, 6496 US-11
- Tuscumbia - Cold Water Books, 101 W 6th St.